Monday, October 8, 2007

Waffles, Cannons, Cards, and Football

Hello out there! My wireless has been down for about a week and so I haven't been able to get these pictures up! Soooo, there are quite a few. Russell and I got to enjoy a wonderful day off of school today. Russell went and played golf and I had brunch with my sis-in-law (Rachel). I think we both enjoyed our day! Well, lets get started with the pictures.
-
Russell and I went to the State Fair yesterday. We had a great time! While we were there we got to see a lot of interesting things. Here is one of those things.
-
We witnessed the Waffle House waffle eating contest. We got to see three of the top rated professional eaters in the "sport". I say sport very loosely. I mean really, eating as a sport? I don't know about that. Anyways these are some of the pictures from that.



The winner was Pat "Deep Dish" Bertoletti. He ate a wopping 29 waffles in 10 minutes. I don't really know where he put them all. His hands were bright red after the competition from whatever he was dipping his waffles in.
This guy right here is known as a human cannonball. That's right he gets into a cannon and get shot out at like 50 mph. His top shot is like 175 feet, the one for the fair was only like 152 feet. Very cool and I am thankful not to have his job.


See the top of his head as he is sliding down getting ready to go. Glad he is not clausterphobic.
We rode the Sky Tram over the park. It was pretty cool. Here are a couple of shots from up high!

I like this one because you can see downtown Dallas behind the ferris wheel!


This is a record making cardstacker. Pretty cool what he can do. He is going to try to break his most recent record with a building at the State Fair.
This is what he is breaking his record with. It is going to be SUPER high. He is going to have to put the top of the building inside the attic of the building he is building it in. Crazy!
WOW!
My friend Heather came in last weekend for her birthday and here we are! Heather and I met in my one month of grade school. She is great!

These are the last group of pictures and they are of Russell's team playing football. I love getting to go to his games. This one they won big time! I was very proud of him.



After the game in the huddle. I have always wondered what they say in these things, I guess I will never know.
Well, that's all for now. We start a four day week tomorrow and I think I love four day weeks. I don't care for the 5 day week next week, but I can deal. The apartment is slowly but surely getting put together. It is such a slow process when I work every day. Maybe by Christmas I will be able to put up some pictures. Anyways, have a great week!





4 comments:

tleaf10 said...

Hey there! Thanks for posting ... I was missing your life! The pictures look like ya'll have been busy but having some fun too. Don't you just love fairs? I love seeing all the different people at them. I think I could've gotten in on some of that waffle eating :) I'm sure your apartment looks great and I hope to see it sometime! Pictures will have to do for now. Anyway, love you and miss you!
-Terri

Melissa Taylor said...

Looks like you guys are keeping busy - good to see some updates. Have a great day!

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

So much fun! I always enjoyed going to the state fair growing up. Miss and love you!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

You have the weirdest people on your blog--human canonball, record cardstacker, and waffle contestants. Fun, but still weird. Looks like y'all are having fun and staying busy. Y'all take care!