Saturday, December 22, 2007

25th Birthday, Good Friends, Christmas Stuff and Racheal Ray

Let me start this off by saying that I have the best husband in the world! Now, let me tell you why. On November 29th, 2007 I celebrated birthday number 25. Very exciting to be a quarter of a century old. I had no idea what I was getting. For weeks Russell had been prepping his gift as the best present ever. I couldn't think of anythig that qualified except a house and I knew it wasn't that. Well, I go to school, enjoy my day and then come home to no electricity in the apt. because someone had run into a transformer and knocked it out. So, I am sitting there waiting for Russell to get home and it is getting dark and we had no flashlight that I could locate. So, I go and wait outside. Russell calls and tells me he is almost home and I tell him I am outside. He tells me to go back upstairs because it's a big present and he doesn't want me to see it in his car. He comes in and tells me I can go outside and see my present but I have to cover my eyes. I follow the intructions and he moves me outside and tells me I can open my eyes. There is Terri Lee on my doorstep yelling, "Happy Brithday" in my face. I was sooooooo excited!! He had planned this starting in like September. It was the perfect birthday present and the best yet! I was totally surprised and we had a great time. Here are some pics from the weekend. Terri has more but she hasn't sent them to me yet. (hint hint)
-
This was Sunday at lunch.
I had my first homemade cake on my birthday since I've been married because Russell had Terri make it for me. This was also Terri's first time to make a 2 layer cake. It was yummy and beautiful. Thank Ter!
Getting ready to sing happy birthday and blow out candles!
Thank you honey for the best birthday present ever. I will take the same thing next year! Now onto some other things.
-
This is a pictures of me, D'lynn and Allison. We have been friends for a long time. D'lynn was in my wedding and Allison was my coordinator. I couldn't have done it without her. Anyways, D graduated from ACU a few years ago and decided she wanted to be a world traveller so she moved to Hawaii and started teaching scuba lessons and other things. This was the first time I had seen her in almost two years. So it was very nice to see her!
I put on a Christmas concert at school with my 4-6 graders and here they are. We had so much fun and they did a great job. Everyone said it was the best christmas production in a long time. I was quite proud of myself.
Here are my Christmas decorations for the apt. Sorry the tree is turned the wrong way but you get the idea!

I was doing some shopping in Southlake recently and just happened to walk into Williams and Sonoma and guess who was there doing a book signing. Racheal Ray! I was so excited to be in the same place as her. She wears me out on TV but I love some of her recipes. I called my sister because we share the same love for her and told her I was standing like 20 feet away from Racheal Ray. I ran into a lady in Starbucks later and she had stood in line to get her book signed. She told me she stood there for 3 hours! WOW!
Well, now that I have caught up on my updates maybe I will be able to stay on top of things better. I still have one more really big update to do and hopefully that one will be coming soon. I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season! I know I am! Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

tleaf10 said...

Thanks for the update! I had a great time too and maybe we can make it an annual event! I'll try and send pics soon ... hint hint. Oh wait, here's a hint for you ... post about the BIG announcement!!!!! I can't wait any longer to tell my family in Indiana that don't know you from Eve. Love you!

Melissa Taylor said...

I am anxiously awaiting the big update.