Sunday, February 11, 2007

Trip to the OKC and New Car Pictures

Hello Friends and Family...Well I have decided to try blogging again! With this first blog I have also decided to add some pictures of a concert that Russell and I went to as well as some pictures of my new car. The pictures are not in the order that I wanted them, but you live and learn. I do intend to get better at this blogging thing and with that I will learn how to do the pictures in the right order. If any of you have any advice for me that was would be great.

So Russell and I went to OKC to see some friends and go to a Bela Fleck and the Flecktones concert. Russell bought that tickets back in like November and had been looking forward to this weekend for a long time. We thoroughly enjoyed our concert and time with good friends. So here we go with pictures.

This is a picture of Russell and I with the bands strangest member, Futureman. He plays a special instrument I will show you a pic of in a min.

These next two are pictures of my new car! I love my new car a lot! Bye Bye Saturn.


Back to concert pics. Here is Futureman with his Drumatar. It's like a guitar but it plays all sorts of percussion sounds by just pushing certain buttons. He made it and it is quite strange.

Jeff Coffin playing two saxaphones at once. This was pretty cool. He played 9 different instruments throughout the concert.
This is Bela and Victor Whooten. Bela plays the banjo and Victor plays the best bass I have ever heard.
Futureman again...
Bela and Jeff...notice Jeff is playing the clarinet.
This is the band.

Those are all the pictures that turned out well enough to show ya. We had a great time though. We stayed the weekend with Caleb and Addi Panter some of our newly married friends. Caleb and Russell have known each other since birth and since he married a girl that neither one of us new we thought we needed a weekend to get to know her. She is a great girl and I know we are going to be great friends. We also saw Evan and Rachel Burkett. Evan was in the wedding and their daughter Canaan was our flowergirl. They are great friends to us. Anyways we had a blast and enjoyed our break a lot!

I am excited to start blogging again! I promise to be so much better this go around.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Hey girl! I love your blog! And did you get a silver Corolla?? That's what I drive too! But I drive the old school, 2001 version. Her name is Lola. Lola the Corolla. And I LOVE Victor Wooten! I used to hear him and his brothers play in Nashville!

tleaf10 said...

Hey Sarah! Glad you're back in the blogging community! To move pics you can just drag them to where you want them. Hope that helps! Love ya,
-TL

*Kendra* said...

Found you---glad you have a blog! We live right down the road from each other, yet we never see each other....hmmm.....

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Love the new wheels! Glad to see you back in blogland!

tleaf10 said...

I....need...more...Sarah.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Yea! So glad you are blogging again! The closest I've come to a concert in four years is talking about going to see the Doodle Bops with friends last fall. Looks like yours was fun though! Y'all have a great week! Here comes a tough man giggling down the hall!