Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July at the Ballpark

Russell and I spent a great night at the Ballpark in Arlington watching the Rangers win against the Angels. We had wonderful ballpark food that included garlic fries and hot dogs for Russell and an overcooked hamburger with cheese fries for me. The weather couldn't have been more perfect with the temperature in the low 80's. This was much better than the first game we saw in the 50's. My favorite part of the night was the FIREWORKS! I love fireworks. Here's some pictures of a fun night!
-
Pre-game they had all the kids from this area who were going to be in the Air Force come out and take their oath. Check out the tiny planes.
Here is the oath they had to state for all of us. If you click on it you should be able to read the words. I thought it was pretty cool. After the Star Spangled Banner was sung, a big Air Force bomber flew over the stadium. That was neat.
We are going to work on Russell's fake smile, but look at our cute hats.
The stadium
You can't read the score, but it was 4-2. Go Rangers!!
They turned off all the ballpark lights for the fireworks. This is what it looks like.
YAY for FIREWORKS!!!




The End.

P.S. I am trying to put together a photo book. Does anyone have any suggestions of a website to use? I just wanted to know if anyone had used a site and gotten a good quality book that they really liked. Thanks!

7 comments:

Maurine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maurine said...

I am soooooo jealous! The ballpark is by far my favorite 4th of July hangout and I haven't been in years.

As for photo books, I am a Creative Memories consultant in part because they have my favorite photo books. They are called Storybooks and you download the software (for free) on to your computer from www.cmphotocenter.com so you can work offline. They have more choices than any other place I've seen and are very high quality books (sewn on covers, not glued). Let me know if you're interested and I can tell you some neat tricks.

tleaf10 said...

Hey Sarah ... sorry about ya'lls car! I know how annoying it is to get stuff like that fixed but I'm glad they didn't take anything. The fireworks looked really cool! We did the same thing in San Diego! I use Shutterfly.com as a photo ordering place. I did a scrapbook on there from my Alaska pictures and it is really easy cuz all you do is upload pictures. Anyway, thought that would give you another idea. Hope you have a good week! love ya,
TL

Kyle Smith said...

I look forward to being back in Texas so I can go to more ballgames.

I use Google photos (powered by their Picasa software) to store my photos online and to share them. They have a way to order albums but it is through another website. I highly recommend using it though because Google rules the world.

tleaf10 said...

The nightlights (the boring ones) have a light blue LED light in them with a clear plastic covering. They make an impressive light show at night. Hopefully you can sleep better tonight. BTW....update your blog with some neice and nephew pics!

Ashley said...

Ahh!! We were there at the same time! Too bad! Next time we should all go together!

Rachel said...

www.pictureslide.com - I made Clint a very cool photo book for father's day, and they are completely customizable and have lots of options for covers, even a hardback photo cover, and the prices are reasonable.