Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sing Song Weekend

This weekend I went to Abilene all by myself and had a great time! I left here on Friday and got to Abilene and hung out with my favorite family the Riggs. Mark and Debbie were my home away from home. Debbie cooked for me and mothered me when my own mother was 5 hours away. I enjoyed getting to catch up with them, they are so special to me. I stayed with their daughter Katie that night and really enjoyed getting to catch up with her. When I was still in school Katie graduated from Lipscomb, came home and lived with her mom and dad and we became instant friends. We used to go on walks around the neighborhood and talk about life. Discuss everything that was confusing in our simple lives.


I was able to spend some quality time with myself this weekend while my friends were doing Sing Song stuff. I went and saw a movie, did some shopping, and treated myself to a manicure. I had a good mixture of spending time with just me and spending time with good friends.


The show on Saturday was so great. My good friend Randy was a Hostess this year and she was fabulous. She has the greatest stage prescence and really captures your attention with her beautiful smile. Randy is the second from left with blue shirt on.



On Saturday night I stayed with my friend Briana. We have been friends for as long and I can remember. It is always a joy to get to catch up with dear friends. This is Briana with her mom, sister and niece.




It was a wonderful weekend and I really enjoyed myself. I have such great memories of Sing Song and getting to go back and experience it as an alumni is just neat. Siggies are carrying on a great tradition and have won for 6 years in a row. This year they were French Fries and it was super cute. Way to go girls!!!





As much as I enjoyed getting away I am beginning to realize that going places without your significant other makes you look forward to coming home instead of thinking how much you will miss your friends, because I know I am going to home to my best friend.

2 comments:

tleaf10 said...

I'm glad you got to have some fun this weekend! I wish I could have experienced Sing Song in person but I'm sure it was fantastic...I know Sparky was ready to have you home too :)

Kyle Smith said...

Hey that's my family in that picture! Well at least my family-in-law. Isn't my niece just the coolest thing?

I'm glad you were able to view the sillyness and absolutely oddness that is Sing Song.