Thursday, March 1, 2007

Decorating, Jobs and Old Friends

After 6 months of being in our apartment I finally cleaned off my dresser in my bedroom. It was a very liberating experience. It was always a great place just to lay things. So I have cleaned it off and actually put some pictures frames (that were still packed in a box) to make our bedroom more homey. I also finally found something to go on the walls in my bedroom. The room is very rectangular and so I had a really empty wall that I had no idea what to put on it. I finally just found something and decided to make it work. I was really pleased with the outcome.

Now, some of you may be saying why did it take me 6 months to do all of this? Well, I have gotten way more accomplished in this apartment than I ever thought about getting done in our first apartment. Also, the first 6 months were spent on the living room and kitchen. Russell said why do you even need to decorate our bedroom it's not like anyone ever goes in there. Men just don't understand.

I just wanted to update you all on my job. Most of you know I have been subbing. On Monday I began a long term sub job at an elementary school teaching music. I don't think this could have fallen into my lap at a more perfect time. So far it has been great. The teacher had to take an unexpected leave to have some surgery. The surgery went fine and so now it's all about the recovery time. She has a 19th month old daughter, so just pray for their family during the recovery time. I think having a 19th month old while recovering from major surgery could be kind of tough. I am really excited about this opportunity though. Hopefully it will help in my quest for a full time job next year.

I just read a comment tonight from a friend I haven't talked too in forever. Some of you know her, it's Kyla (Diles) Gentry. She was letting me know she is pregnant and due in September. I just thought I would share that with those of you who know her. I know it is an exciting time for her. I am sure I have some old pictures of us at camp but I am not sure who would be more embarrassed...me or Kyla. Kyla and I have been friends since our days at good ol' CDR. We are the kind of friends that don't have to talk to each other often, but can always pick up where we left off. I am so excited for you Kyla!

Well, I am going to enjoy my quiet evening at home alone. Russell is in Austin at the State Basketball Tournament hanging out with his dad. Have a great end of your week. Many Blessing to all of you!

2 comments:

tleaf10 said...

thanks for the call last night - you ummm "boosted" my ego :)

Kyla said...

thanks for the sweet comments about me. i'm glad you got a long term sub job in your subject. that is great. i went to the doctor today. everything is great. the baby sure has a fast heartbeat. we'll know in april what it is. :)